Almond Butter CrunchFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place chopped almonds on a cookie sheet then bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup and water in a medium heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the toasted almonds.
- Pour into a buttered 1 pan spreading quickly and evenly then cool.
- Turn out onto wax paper.
- Melt chocolate squares in the top of a double boiler over hot water then remove from heat.
- Spread half the melted chocolate over top of candy and sprinkle with 1/2 of the nuts then let stand 20 minutes.
- Let set for 20 minutes then turn candy over and spread with remaining chocolate and nuts.
- Let stand until set.
- Break into pieces.