Taffy Apple SaladFrom nkuklinski 8 years ago
- 20-oz. can pineapple Chunks, cut into smaller chunks shopping list
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows shopping list
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. vinegar shopping list
- 1 large egg, well beaten shopping list
- 8 oz. whipped topping shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Cocktail peanuts shopping list
- 2 cups apples, diced and peeled shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the salad one night in advance of serving.
- Drain the pineapple and keep the juice. In a large mixing
- bowl, blend together the pineapple chunks and miniature
- marshmallows. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a saucepan over moderate heat, warm the pineapple juice
- with the sugar, flour, vinegar, and egg. Stirring constantly,
- cook until thickened. Refrigerate the mixture overnight.
- On the day of serving, blend the pineapple and marshmallow
- mixture with the sauce, and add the whipped topping, cocktail
- peanuts, and diced apples. Blend well. Refrigerate until you
- are ready to serve.