Chewy Oatmeal CookiesFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- 3/4 cup (3/4 stick) butter flavored Crisco shortening shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups quick oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 t. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheets with Butter Flavor Crisco. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine Crisco, brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- Optional- add chocolate chip morsels to the mix before baking