Some Interesting Omelette fillingsFrom maddie 6 years ago
How to make it
- FINES HERBS: Add 5 ml(1 level tsp) mixed dried herbs or 10 ml(2 tsp) finely chopped herbs to the beaten egg before cooking. Parsley, chives and tarragon are all suitable.
- CHEESE: Grate 40 g(1 ½ oz) cheese. Mix 45 ml (3 tbsp) with the beaten egg mixture before cooking, and sprinkle the rest over the omelette's just before it is folded over.
- HAM OR TONGUE: Add 50 g (2 oz) chopped cooked ham or tongue to the beaten egg mixture before cooking.
- TOMATO: Skin and chop 1-2 tomatoes, fry in a little butter for 5 minutes until soft and pulpy, and season. Put in the center of the omelette just before folding it over.
- MUSHROOM: Slice 50 g (2 oz) mushrooms and saute in butter for a few minutes. Put in the center of the omelette just before folding it over.
- FISH: Heat some flaked, cooked fish gently in a little cheese sauce and season. Put it in the center of the omelette just before folding it over.
- Sweet Fillings
- STRAWBERRY: Spread the cooked omelette with sliced strawberries, fold it over and serve sprinkled with icing sugar.
- APRICOT: Add the grated rind of an orange or tangerine to the egg yolks. Spread some thick apricot pulp over the omelette before folding it serve sprinkled with caster sugar.
- RUM: Substitute 15 ml (1 tbsp) rum for half the water added to the egg yolks. Put the cooked omelette on a hot dish, pour 45 -60 ml (3-4 tbsp) warmed rum around it and ignite.
The Cookmaddie Bangalore, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!