Chicken MandalayFrom savblancgirl 9 years ago
- 2 whole chickens shopping list
- 1 oz butter shopping list
- 1/4 pint chicken stock shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 1 lb onions shopping list
- 1 tsp Tumeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ginger shopping list
- 2 Tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 oz flour shopping list
- 14 oz tin tomatoes shopping list
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 3/4 Pint chicken stock shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Spread the 1 oz of butter over the chickens and pour over the stock
- Roast in a hot oven until cooked
- Make up the stock around the chickens to 3/4 Pint with water to use in the sauce later
- Cook onions in 2 Tbsp of butter with a little oil untill soft not brown
- stir in tumeric, ginger, curry, salt and flour cook for 4 minutes
- remove from heat and add slowly the tomatoes and stock reserved from earlier.
- When smooth stir in jam and bay leaf.
- Return to heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes, bring up to heat slowly and watch as it can catch on the bottom.
- Stir in lemon juice
- cover and leave overnight to blend and mellow
- remove bay leaf.
- Next Day
- Remove meat from chickens
- stir into sauce
- serve on a bed of rice cold with sliced lemons aroud the dish
- serve with cucumber and yoghurt mango chutney etc
The Cooksavblancgirl Blenheim, NZ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!