Pasta With Roasted Moroccan-spiced VegetablesFrom cayennesea 6 years ago
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 small red onion shopping list
- 3 small turnips shopping list
- 3 large carrots shopping list
- rutabaga shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/8 tsp paprika shopping list
- 28 oz/796 ml diced canned tomatoes shopping list
- whole wheat pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 375F/190C. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Mince garlic. Dice vegetables to a uniform size, about 1/2-inch/1-cm. You should have about 4 cups vegetables. You can use any root vegetable you like - celery root, parsnip, sweet potato, etc. - in whatever combination you like. Drizzle over with olive oil.
- Prepare spice mix by stirring together all the spices in a small bowl. Alternatively, you can use any Moroccan spice mix you might already have, about 2 teaspoons. Add spice mixture to vegetables and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread vegetables out in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes. Once the vegetables are tender, stir in canned tomatoes and their juice. Return to the oven for an additional ten minutes or until the tomatoes are heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook enough pasta to serve six, using a pasta with ridges to catch the sauce. You can use white pasta if you wish, but whole wheat pasta stands up really well to the flavours.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot. Pour the roasted vegetables/tomatoes over top, stir to coat, and serve.
The Cookcayennesea Calgary, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!