Tangy Lemon Meringue PieFrom magpieno6 9 years ago
- PASTRY - 5 ozs. flour shopping list
- 3 ozs margarine shopping list
- 1 Teaspoonful sugar shopping list
- FILLING - 1/2 Pint of milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons cornflour shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Castor sugar shopping list
- 1 oz. margarine shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- Rind and juice of 1 LARGE lemon shopping list
- MERINGUE - 2 egg whites shopping list
- 4 ozs. Castor sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Pastry Case with Flour, Margine and little sugar
- Roll out and line a glass baking dish
- Cut a circle of Greaseproof Paper and place on the Pastry
- Use some dried Haricot or other beans to weigh the Paper down and stop the Pastry from rising in the centre.
- Then Mix Cornflour with a little cold milk, heat the remainder of the Milk and pour onto Cornflour.
- Return to the Pan and boil for 3 or 4 minutes, Stirring all the time.Add the Margarine and Sugar, till margarine has melted - stirri ng
- Allow to cool
- Beat in the Yolks of the Eggs, Lemon rind (grated) and Lemon Juice (if only small Lemon, use 2 for a really Tangy Flavour)
- Take out Beans and Paper from Pastry Case.
- Pour Mixture into Pastry Case and cook in oven for A FEW MINUTES to set.
- MERINGUE TOPPING - Whip the Whites of the Eggs,till stiff, whisk in 1 teaspoon of Sugar, then Fold in the remainder.
- Pile on to Pie, dredge with Caster sugar and put into a cool oven for 1/2 hour - 30 minutes.