Mussels with Mustard SauceFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- mussels shopping list
- 2 lb fresh mussels shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- mustard Sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
How to make it
- To clean mussels, discard any broken-shell or open (dead) mussels. Scrub remaining mussels in cold water, removing any barnicles with a dull paring knife. Pull beard by giving it a tug (using a kitchen towel may help). If you have trouble removing it, use a pliers to grip and pull gently. Place mussels in large container. Cover with cool water. Agitate water with hand, then drain and discard water. Repeat several times until water runs clear; drain.
- In 4-quart nonstick Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic and pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until garlic is softened. Stir in wine; heat to boiling. Stir in mussels and parsley. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until mussel shells have opened. Stir to coat with liquid. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until hot (do not boil). Serve with mussels.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!