Stuffed French Toast with Apple SyrupFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- Combine in medium pan on stove top: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar, 2 cups apple juice or cider, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp corn starch. shopping list
- Heat on med-low, stirring frequently until thickened. When thick, add two tbsp of butter. Stir until melted. This mixture can be held on warm while you prepare the French toast. shopping list
- Combine in large bowl: shopping list
- 4 eggs, 2 cups milk, ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat electric skillet to 350-400 degrees. Add a few dabs of bacon fat to melt in the skillet.
- Dip one inch thick slices of French bread in egg mixture; fry in hot skillet until slightly brown on one side, then flip to the other side. While bread is cooking on side two, place a dollop of softened cream cheese onto half of the slices and spread around on the slice. Stack the cooked slices onto the slices with cream cheese to make a sandwich-type effect. Prepare all bread sandwiches this way.
- To serve: Place one or two stuffed toasts onto the plate. Ladle warm syrup onto the toast. Sprinkle grated pecan pieces across the top and add a squirt of whipped cream. Serve with ham slices.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!