Sausage Stuffed Sweet PotatoesFrom nlo209 9 years ago
- 4 large sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest shopping list
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place potatoes in a 9 inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork.
- Cut each in half lenghwise and scoop out pulp into a medium bowl leaving a 1/4 inch layer of pulp inside each shell. Mash pulp and set aside.
- Saute sausage until some of fat is rendered out. Remove rendered fat from pan. Add apple to partially cooked sausage; saute over medium heat until apple is tender and sausage is no longer pink. Pour into a sieve to drain.
- Add drained sausage mixture to mashed sweet potato pulp. Stir in cinnamon, orange zest and maple syrup and spoon into sweet-potato shells.
- Grease a 13"x9" baking pan; arrange stuffed shells in pan. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Brush tops of stuffed potatoes with melted butter. Sprinkle nuts on top. Bake 30 min. Serve hot.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!