Caramel PopcornFrom elle 6 years ago
- 1 (3.5 ounces) bag microwave popcorn or 2 quarts plain popped popcorn shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup or dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- peanuts (or you can use a different type of nut if you prefer) (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare microwave popcorn as directed on bag.
- Remove any unpopped kernels.
- In 2 quart microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high until melted, about 1& 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and corn syrup, and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda until blended.
- Stir in popcorn, mixing well.
- (It may be a bit tricky to mix the popcorn in at first, but the more you stir, the easier it gets.) If you are using nuts, add them here too.
- Microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes to coat popcorn evenly.
- Transfer caramel corn to tray lined with waxed paper, or parchment paper.
- Cool and break popcorn apart.
- Store in airtight container.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating4 people
I have been looking for a good caramel corn recipe..I thinkI found it!! thanksmichellem in Idaho loved it
I've made this and it is so good, I used Splenda brown sugar! just right! yummmmmmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it
I made this for Christmas eve...it was so good and the kids loved it. THank you!michellem in Idaho loved it