Chocolate Buttercream Cherry CandiesFrom dragonflylady13 9 years ago
- Buttercream: shopping list
- About 48 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- White Chip Coating (recipe follows) shopping list
- chocolate Chip Drizzle (recipe follows) shopping list
- White Chip Coating: shopping list
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- chocolate Chip Drizzle: shopping list
- 1/4 C. chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) shopping list
How to make it
- Buttercream Cherries:
- 1. Cover tray with wax paper. Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- 2. Beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and 1 tablespoon milk in small bowl until well blended; stir in vanilla and almond extract. If necessary, add remaining milk, one teaspoon at a time, until mixture will hold together but is not wet.
- 3. Mold scant teaspoon mixture around each cherry, covering completely; place on prepared tray. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- 4. Prepare White Chip Coating. Holding each cherry by stem, dip into coating. Place on tray; refrigerate until firm.
- 5. About 1 hour before serving, prepare Chocolate Chip Drizzle; with tines of fork drizzle randomly over candies. Refrigerate until drizzle is firm. Store in refrigerator.
- White Chip Coating:
- Place White Chips in small microwave-safe bowl; drizzle with vegetable oil. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. If mixture thickens while coating, microwave at HIGH 15 seconds; stir until smooth.
- Chocolate Chip Drizzle:
- Place Chocolate Chips and teaspoon shortening in another small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookdragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!