Fish and SpinachFrom caramia 6 years ago
- 4 fish fillets (swordfish/cod etc) shopping list
- 5 tbsp milk shopping list
- 1 kilo spinach cleaned shopping list
- 4 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 onion chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cornflour (corn starch) shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large,deep pan place the fish, milk and 2 - 3 tbsp water. Simmer for 7 - 8 mins
- Remove the fish using a slotted spatula and keep warm.
- In another pan heat the oil and add the spinach stir a few times. Slowly cook for 4 - 5 mins. In the pan with the fish stock gently stir in the flour.
- Add stock to the spinach and also add the dill and nutmeg. Simmer for 2-3 mins. Arrange spinach in a serving dish and place the fish on top.
- Sauce: In a small pan place the lemon juice, vinegar, and onion. Simmer for 4mins then add the oil and cornflour (corn starch). Stir rigorously until it's thickened and serve with the fish.
The Cookcaramia US.
The Rating1 people
This was a really nice meal, my children and I loved it. The spinach texture and flavour went very well with the fish.
The sauce was a new taste for us, I did have to add a little sugar, but very much enjoyed.beccajane in Kingston ON loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!