Date and Walnut LoafFrom vindee 8 years ago
- flour - 1 cup shopping list
- baking soda - 1 tsp shopping list
- baking powder - 2 tsp shopping list
- sugar - 1 4/ cup shopping list
- margarine - 25gms (I used butter) shopping list
- dates - 350gms (chopped) shopping list
- water - 142ml/ 1/4 pint (boiling) shopping list
- egg - 1 shopping list
- walnuts - 1/2 cup/100gms (chopped) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Grease and line bottom of a 9 X 5 loaf pan, or 8 " round cake tin.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Put the chopped dates + margarine (or butter) + sugar in a deep bowl & pour the boiling water over it. Allow to cool.
- Stir in the flour mix + eggs + walnuts.
- Put batter into tin, level out and bake for about 60 minutes.
- Cool on a rack. Slice only when cold. (I wrap it in cling wrap overnight for the flavours to mature, and then sliced it the next morning)
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating4 people
Hi there Vindee! thats just so divine..heavenly..thanks for sharing!iffyo in loved it
Good Morning! My mother often prepared this loaf but I believe she added molasses as one of the ingredients. I will search for the recipe. This is an absolutely delicious loaf and thank you for posting the recipe!lor in Toronto loved it
Pass me the fork please.You can't immagine how do I love this cake...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it