Carrot-Almond CakeFrom jones2888 7 years ago
- yellow cake mix (18 1/2 ounce) shopping list
- 2/3 cup of orange juice (replace 2/3 cup of water in the cake mix) shopping list
- cooled melted butter (replace oil in cake mix) shopping list
- 3 cups shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped sliced toasted almonds shopping list
- 2 t. cinnamon shopping list
- ================================= shopping list
- 1 lb. sifted confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 3 T. amaretto liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the box substituting 2/3 cup water with 2/3 cup orange juice and melted butter for the oil.
- Stir in shredded carrots and the cup of chopped sliced toasted almonds, and cinnamon.
- Bake in 2 8-in. round cake pans.
- For frosting, beat together sifted sugar, cream cheese, butter and amaretto liqueur.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!