Moules a la Amy et ChuckFrom merlin 6 years ago
- 2 lbs live mussels, carefully rinsed and drained shopping list
- 3 T. sweet butter shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 6 Amy’s chicken-Gouda sausages (or similar) cut into 1” pieces shopping list
- 1 t. crushed garlic shopping list
- ½-1 t. crushed red pepper (to taste). shopping list
- 3 T, fresh thyme leaves, minced shopping list
- ¾ c. dry white wine shopping list
- ¾ c. water shopping list
- 2 T. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 t. sugar or Splenda. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan or small pot that is coverable, melt butter. Saute onions until softening. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and sausage pieces. Cook stirring for 1 minute. Add thyme and wine. Combine water, Worcestershire sauce and sugar and add. Add mussels and cover. Bring to a boil over moderate heat. Lower heat and simmer until mussels have opened. Test broth for spiciness, saltiness and sweet/bitter and adjust as needed. Serve mussels with broth. Serves 6 as an appetizer, 4 as a main course.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!