Caramelized Christmas CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat or spelt flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup margarine (not light), softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp almond or maple extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 tbsp water shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine and brown sugar.
- Beat in extracts and water.
- Separately, whisk together flours, baking powder and cornstarch.
- Slowly blend flour into the creamed mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll out dough fairly thin (about 1/8") on a floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place 1" apart on cookie sheets (tip: flip sided sheets upside down for more even browning).
- Bake 10 minutes, and cool completely on sheets.