Tamale MeatloafFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons chopped white onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 16 ounce can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 pound browned ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn shopping list
- 2 eggs well beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease loaf pan and set aside..
- In a skillet sauté onions in the oil until lightly browned..
- Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil..
- Add cornmeal gradually and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes..
- Remove from heat and add beef, corn, eggs, salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder..
- Mix thoroughly then pat mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake 55 minutes..
- Let set for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
Sounds really delicious! What do you serve with it? I think a salad with a salsa/sour cream dressing would be good. Or maybe just serve it with warmed enchilada sauce, sour cream, lettuce, and onions? Maybe a little cheese? Thanks! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!