Oatmeal Pecan PieFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup dark-colored corn syrup shopping list
- 2/3 cup regular rolled oats shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 recipe pastry for single-crust pie (see recipe below) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- whipped cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter or margarine. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, corn syrup, and oats.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Top with pecans. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream, if you like.
- Pastry for Single-Crust Pie:
- In a mixing bowl, stir together 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/3 cup shortening until pieces are peasize.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cold water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon cold water at a time, until all the dough is moistened (4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total). Form dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Do not prick pastry.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating5 people
My husband loves pecan pies but they are too sweet for me, the add of oatmeal is a perfect foil for all that sweetness. Great recipe.sunny in Portland loved it
This sounds delicious! You have my "5!"annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
delish!!!foodinnewengland in Claremont loved it