Curry LaksaFrom praggy 8 years ago
- 2 whole chicken legs shopping list
- 0.88lb medium-size prawns,trimmed shopping list
- 3 tbsps oil shopping list
- 250 ml basic rempah shopping list
- 1 tsp crumbled shrimp paste or belacan shopping list
- 2 stalks lemongrass,cut 12cm from base and bruised shopping list
- 500ml thin coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tsps salt shopping list
- 2 tsps sugar shopping list
- 8 tau pok(fried bean curb) thickly sliced shopping list
- 1.32lb fresh yellow noodles,blanched shopping list
- 1/2cup mint leaves shopping list
- 6 calamansi limes or limau kasturi,halved shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 1 litre of water to a boil.Add 1 tsp salt and chicken legs.Simmer for 20 mins.Cool.Shred meat from bone.Set aside.
- Cook prawns in same pan of water for 5 mins.Strain and reserve liquid.Shell prawns and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over a medium fire.Add rempah and belacan ,cook until mixture smells fragrant and oil separates,about 3 mins.
- Add lemongrass and strained stock.Bring to a boil.Simmer 10 mins,then add coconut milk.Bring gravy to a boil while stirring.Season with salt and sugar,then add sliced tau pok.
- To serve,place blanched noodles and beansprouts in a bowl.Top with prawns and chicken.Pour hot laksa gravy over,including pieces of tau pok.Garnish with mint leaves and lime..
The Cookpraggy Kuala Lumpur, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!