Palak Ka Shorba Indian Spinach SoupFrom sunnyflower 8 years ago
- 1 Tbsp ghee or splash olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger root shopping list
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 lb. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (could also use fresh spinach, washed with stems removed) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat ghee. Add cumin seeds and stir fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add onion, ginger, and turnip. Saute about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, and salt. Saute 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and cook, covered, on medium heat for 20 minutes, or until turnips are soft.
- Add spinach and cook for 5-8 minutes. Remove soup from heat.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender; transfer back to pot to be reheated.
- Transfer to bowls and serve immediately.
- Nutrition Info. Per serving:
- Calories 89; Protein 5g; Carbohydrates 12g; Total fat 3.9g; Cholesterol 8mg; Sodium 328gm; Fiber 5.1g