Cheddar Apple CobblerFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 1 c sugar shopping list
- 1/4 ts Cinnamon; Ground shopping list
- 1/4 c unbleached flour shopping list
- 6 c apple Slices shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 1 c unbleached flour shopping list
- 6 oz Cheddar;Md,Shredded,1 1/2 C shopping list
- 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c Butter; Melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 ts baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 c milk shopping list
- 1/2 ts salt shopping list
How to make it
- Use cooking apples such as Granny Smith's that have been cored,
- Combine the sugar, flour, and cinnamon, then toss the mixture with the apple slices.
- Pour into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients, of the topping, with the cheddar cheese, mixing well. Add the butter and milk, mixing until well blended with the flour mixture.
- Spoon the dough over the fruit mixture and bake at 400 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
Ahhhh -- you clearly are NOT Canadian, Eh?? Yep, cheddar and apple [pie] were made in heaven; Next time you heat up an apple pie in the oven, slice some cheddar (good-quality, aged & sharp cheddar, that is!) over the top -- you don't know what you...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
I must agree with Kukla... There's nothing like apple pie and a good quality cheddar cheese. Preferably an old cheddar cheese from Quebec!!! I like your recipe and thank you for "sharing" with all of us!!!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!