Low Fat Alfredo SauceFrom rebeccalea 7 years ago
How to make it
- My first recommendation is to gather all ingredients and have them measured out. Set in sequence of list so you're ready because it goes quickly.
- In non-stick saucepan, add margarine and garlic.
- Saute for 30 seconds. Whisk in flour, then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Cook, stirring continually, until slightly thick, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream cheese and parmesan until smooth, about 1-2 mins.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and cover until ready to serve.
- Serve over a bed of your favorite pasta!
- To keep the healthy aspect, use Whole Wheat Noodles.
The Cookrebeccalea Fremont, MI
The Rating5 people
OMG-my hubby would LOVE this...He is an alfredo freak.Thanks so much for the recipe.Nice job.
Carrie :)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
Sounds great! I'm going to try it with some shrimp and pollock to make a white seafood sauce. I love the low-fat version!
Michellembelisle in Regina loved it
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I'm trying to eat low or no fat and very low sodium food now, and its nearly impossible to find things in the stores that are both low fat/low sodium. Yours was the first recipe I checked out for this sauce....moreHeidicat5 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!