Skinless Fried and Baked Chicken and GravyFrom thatgirlbill 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cut up fryer, about 3 pounds, skin removed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups low fat milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line 13 x 9 x 2 pan with foil and grease or spray lightly.
- In a paper bag, combine flour, salt, paprika, allspice, red pepper, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside 2 tablespoons of this mixture to make gravy.
- Shake chicken in flour mixture.
- In 12" nonstick skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken turning occasionally about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered for ten more minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Whisk saved flour mixture into skillet drippings cooking over medium heat about 2 minutes or until it's a cinnamon brown color.
- Gradually whisk in milk, lowe heat and whisk constantly for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Chicken is good cold next day too!!
The Cookthatgirlbill Spanish Springs, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!