Flavored Rice With Chicken Kow Man GaiFrom watson2167 8 years ago
- 4 Cups water shopping list
- 2 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 celery stems, cut into 3 inch long pieces shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 7 cloves garliclightly crushed shopping list
- 1.5 Cups of white rice shopping list
- using 2 1/2 cup of broth to cook rice shopping list
- 1 Medium cucumber ,sliced shopping list
- celanto leave for garnish shopping list
- 1 small drop of yellow food coloring shopping list
- Kow man gai sauce (use soy sauce as substitute) if don't like the sauce. shopping list
- FOR SAUCE: shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons salted soy bean shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon thick soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar shopping list
- 1.5 Teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon ground of fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 Thai chili pepper finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- FOR SAUCE: Drain soy bean, ground the beans. In the same bowl, add all other ingredients. Mix well, set aside.
- Steam chicken breasts in the steamer, add salt and celery, til done and tender. (place celery on top of chicken for better taste)
- Heat vegetable oil at medium heat, lightly brown garlic. Stir in rice and mix well over heat for 2.5 minutes.
- Cook rice in a rice cooker or over stove according to direction on the box, using chicken broth from steaming chicken instead of water, add yellow food coloring and mixing well before cook.
- Slice the cooked chicken into thin pieces serve over rice and cucumber. Garnish with celanto leaves.
- Top with Kow man gai sauce.