One Sun Beef With Thai Sticky RiceFrom watson2167 9 years ago
- 3/4 lb Top sirloin beef cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1.5 Tablespoons Thai soy sauce shopping list
- 1.5 Teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 Cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of white sesame seed (optional) shopping list
- Thai sticky rice: 1 Cup Thai sticky rice (also known as 'sweet rice') soak in3 cups water about 2 hours shopping list
How to make it
- Dried Beef:
- Marinate beef with minced garlic, soy sauce, sugar and black pepper for 20 minutes.
- In preheated oven at 170 degrees, dry the marinated beef for 2 hours (turning the beef a couple times to make sure it dry evenly on both sides) Even better if dry out in the outside sun.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat, deep fry the dried beef for 3-5 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towel and serve with sticky rice and Thai chill sauce
- FOR RICE: Drained water, bring to steam, uncovered. Cook rice for 7 mintures and thoughly turning the rice up side down for it to cook from steam, keep turning til all side of rice are cook, when cooked, stir rice to break out the steam and then place rice in a sticky rice container or steam rice cooker.
- Wooden steamer can be find in any Thai Market. If not, it can be steam in a rice cooker.
- This beef can be refrigerator for next use.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!