Sweet chilli Thai Fish CakeFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 250 g potato, floury type (peeled and cut into chunks) shopping list
- 1 can (220g) tuna, in brine, drained shopping list
- 2 tbsp MAGGI Sweet Chilli sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lime zest (grated) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated shopping list
- 2 tbsp coriander leaf (chopped) shopping list
- 1 tbsp coconut milk Powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp breadcrumb, dried shopping list
- 1/2 stick celery (washed and finely chopped) shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp peanut oil shopping list
- Sweet chilli sauce to serve shopping list
- lemon wedges and shredded spring onion, to serve. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the potato pieces in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Set aside to cool.
- When the potato is cool add the tuna,Sweet chilli sauce, lime zest, grated ginger, coriander, coconut milk powder, breadcrumbs, celery, egg white and ground black pepper. Mix together well.
- For a party snack divide the mixture into 30 bite-sized patties. For a meal form into 4 rectangular patties.
- Heat the oil in a ridged griddle pan or non-stick frying pan. Cook the patties until golden brown, turning frequently to brown on both sides.
- Serve with extra sweet chilli sauce,lemon wedges and shredded spring onion. For a party these can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge until the party. The cakes can be served hot or cold. Re-heat thoroughly