Fresh Spring Rolls With Thai Dipping SauceFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 6 spring roll wrappers (available in Asian markets) shopping list
- 12 medium, cooked shimp or cooked chicken breast sliced shopping list
- 1 cup shredded leaf lettuce shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, chopped cucumber shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup of mint leaves shopping list
- 1 carrot shredded shopping list
- cellophane noodles (bean thread noodles) soaked and drained shopping list
- FOR SAUCE: 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c water shopping list
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tb fish sauce or shopping list
- 1 tb soy sauce shopping list
- 2 ts red chili peppers; ground shopping list
- 1/2 carrot; shredded shopping list
- 1/4 c peanuts; coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl of cool water, soak a wrapper until limp. Lay wrapper out flat. Place 1/6 of each ingredient down middle of wrapper, starting with lettuce. Fold over each end and tightly roll the wrapper around the contents, as if making a burrito. Moisten at seam; press to close.
- Lay on plate, cover with moist paper towel and refrigerate until ready to serve. Then slice in two and serve with Thai Dipping Sauce.
- FOR SAUCE: In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water. Then bring to a boil,reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the red wine vinegar, fish sauce and red chile pepper. Mix well.
- Pour sauce in serving bowl, chill and top with carrots and peanuts just before serving.