Filipino BbqFrom chboogs 7 years ago
- You would need: shopping list
- 1/2 kilo of pork sliced into slightly thin strips shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup banana ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (can add more if you want it spicy) shopping list
- 1 can calamansi soda (Sprite would do as a substitute) shopping list
- 1 head of garlic crushed shopping list
- 1 small onion minced shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil (used 2 tbs sesame oil and 2 tbsp cooking oil here) shopping list
- skewers shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the liquid ingredients, sugar, onions and garlic and touch of salt to make your marinade.
- Add in the strips of pork. Let this marinade for a minimum of 1 hour, preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Make sure you soaked your skewers to prevent them from burning when on the grill.
- Skewer the meat.
- Boil the marinade until it's reduced to half. Transfer into a bowl and mix in some oil. I prefer using half regular cooking oil half sesame oil. For this recipe I used about 2 tbsp of each type of oil. Mix them well. This would be a good glaze as we grill the bbq.
- Grill the bbq over charcoal for a few minutes. Probably would take about 5 minutes on each side. Brush both sides with the glaze to give it some shine and color.
- My dipping sauce would just be some spiced vinegar. Crushed garlic, minced onions and chili in some cane vinegar with a few dash of fish sauce and about a tsp of sugar. Enjoy your Filipino BBQ.