Everyday SaltimboccaFrom unswissmiss 9 years ago
- 8 pieces of thin-sliced chicken breast, each pounded to about 1/8" thick shopping list
- 8 slices of ham large enough to cover the chicken pieces (use multiple slices if necessary) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil + 8 Tbsp for cooking shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 4 tsp dried sage, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- lemon juice (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Mash garlic through a press, or mince finely.
- Make a paste out of 1 Tbsp olive oil, garlic, sage, and salt.
- Divide paste among chicken, runbbing into one side of each breast.
- Top with a slice of ham. If desired, secure with toothpicks, though with careful handling those aren't necessary.
- In a heavy skillet over high heat, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil until smoking. Place two chicken pieces, ham side down, and cook 30 seconds. Turn and cook 15 seconds more. Remove to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeating the procedure with the remaining pieces. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERCOOK THE MEAT!
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and white wine, simmering until the volume is reduced by half. Salt and pepper to taste, and if desired, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve saltimbocca drizzled with sauce.