Vegan Better Than CinnabonsFrom panda 8 years ago
- ---- rolls ----- shopping list
- 2½ t active dry yeast shopping list
- ½ C unbleached sugar shopping list
- 1 C soymilk, warmed shopping list
- 2 eggs worth of egg replacer OR 2 T ground flaxseeds whisked together with 6 T hot water shopping list
- ⅓ C Earth Balance margarine, melted shopping list
- 4½ C unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- -----Filling ----- shopping list
- 1 C brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2½ T ground cinnamon shopping list
- ⅓ C Earth Balance margarine, softened shopping list
- -----frosting ----- shopping list
- About 3/8 (3 oz) of a container of Tofutti Better Than cream cheese shopping list
- ¼ C Earth Balance margarine, softened shopping list
- 1½ C powdered sugar shopping list
- ½ t vanilla extract shopping list
- ⅛ t salt shopping list
How to make it
- Mix yeast, sugar, and heated soymilk in a large mixing bowl and let stand until foamy.
- Add egg replacer, melted margarine, flour, and salt. Mix well and knead for 5-10 minutes. The dough should be firm and smooth, not sticky. Set the dough aside in a covered bowl and let double in size.
- After the dough has doubled, turn it out onto a floured work surface, cover, and let rest for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 sections with a sharp knife.
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. (A cookie sheet also works fine.) Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. (I let mine rise overnight and they filled the pan. They were super fluffy) Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together Tofutti, margarine, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
The Cookpanda Des Moines, IA
The Rating8 people
I'm going to be making this in the next couple of days. Cinnabons was like crack to me in the US. I can only get it at Universal Studios here in Osaka Japan. But it's like $5 for one of them here, so I will be having these all the time girl.richcrisler in Kobe loved it
sounds amazing. Can't wait!laylahtov in Las Vegas loved it
I think I need to make these before I drool all over the keyboard. These look awsome.spoil_me2 in Canton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!