Garlic Soup Sopa CastellanaFrom a_fuego_lento 9 years ago
- 8 medium/large garlic cloves, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 T Spanish paprika shopping list
- 3-4 T olive oil shopping list
- 1-1.5 liters hot water shopping list
- 1/2 loaf of day old bread, crusts on, and cubed into 2"x2" pieces, roughly shopping list
- 3 slices of Serrano ham, diced (optional, you can leave out for vegetarians) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a bit pot, sauté paprika in olive oil on a low flame for a minute or two, then add a the sliced garlic, and sauté another 3-4 min, til golden (careful not to burn!).
- Add hot water, bring almost to a boil, then back down to a simmer.
- Add salt, pepper, and day old bread (including crusts!)
- Also throw in a bay leaf, and cook for 20 min on a real low flame.
- In the last few minutes, bring it up to a medium flame, and throw in the Serrano ham, and then add one egg per person (drop it in whole, without breaking the yolk...it often breaks anyway, in which case you just mix it around so that the yolk cooks up, a la "egg drop soup")
- That's it!!
The Cooka_fuego_lento New York, ES
The Rating2 people
Garlic soup is awesome, one of my favorites. The best cure for a cold, better than old chicken soup any day....yummy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I have a passion for bread salads, bread soups, etc -- and this one has some flavours I wouldn't have thought of! Excellent post, A_Fuego_Lento!! Thank you so much :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
P.S....and, I LOVE the egg-drop idea too!! TY :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!