Not So Stuffed CabbageFrom smurfetta 6 years ago
- 3 lb ground round shopping list
- 1 cup raw long grain rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups V8 vegetable juice Cocktail shopping list
- 2 can diced tomatoes, drained (reserve liquid) shopping list
- 1 head cabbage, 1 1/2" dice (leave in chunks) shopping list
How to make it
- In mixing bowl combine ground beef, rice, onion, bread crumbs, egg and as much of the reserved tomato liquid needed to make meatballs moist but not falling apart. Mix well to blend.
- Shape meat mixture into meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place meatballs in slow cooking pot.
- Cover meatballs with with V8 juice and diced tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours.
- Raise temp to high and add cabbage. Continue to cook until cabbage is tender.