Bernaise SauceFrom courtbot 7 years ago
- 1 stick butter / margarine (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 diced onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 3 cups milk (the thicker, the better. I use 2% but anything lower is ok too) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
- *1 cup grated cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in medium size pot over low heat.
- Add onions and garlic and let bubble for a minute or two.
- Stir in flour
- Add milk and (increase heat to medium) bring to boil, stirring constantly until mixture thickens to a creamy sauce.
- Add salt and pepper. Add cheese (if using) and stir until cheese is melted into mixture.
- You can pour this over diced potatoes and top with cheese, or mix in with macaroni noodles, veggies, or any other type of casseroley thing.