Lemon-Blueberry MuffinsFrom donnaja1231 9 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 cup blueberries shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, and rind; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled muffins.
- Note: You can make these muffins up to 2 days ahead and glaze them the morning of the brunch.