Updated Green Bean CasseroleFrom cerim 6 years ago
- 1 large sweet onion cut in 1-inch wedges shopping list
- 1/4 cup cooking oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed shopping list
- 6 ounces baby Portobello, crimini, or button mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 6 ounces goat cheese, softened, or cream cheese softened shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook onions, covered, in hot oil over medium-low heat for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover and add brown sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are golden and caramelized.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a large saucepan cook green beans, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- In a 3-quart au gratin or baking dish combine green beans and mushrooms.
- Combine olive oil, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour over vegetables, tossing to coat.
- Roast in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once, until crisp and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl beat together cheese and milk with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Spoon cheese on top of vegetables in lengthwise mounds along center of baking dish.
- Top with caramelized onions.
- Return to oven and heat 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese and onions are heated thoroughly.
The Cookcerim Mountain View, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!