Crockpot Beef StewFrom yummers 8 years ago
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of peeled and diced rutabaga (about 1/2 small rutabaga) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh/frozen green beans, in bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1 pound beef stew-meat chunks shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 3 cups of beef stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1. shopping list
How to make it
- Put everything but the flour and the tomato paste in a slow cooker; stir once or twice
- Cover and cook on the low setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5, until the beef is tender and the potatoes are just fork tender.
- About 30 minutes before serving, transfer a ladleful of the broth to a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and tomato paste and whisk until smooth. Stir the mixture into the stew and cook for the remaining half hour.
- **** I always brown my meat first, so I never have to worry about it not cooking thru***