Sun Dried Tomato and Basil SconesFrom nlo209 6 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried basil shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beated shopping list
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, patted dry, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Lightly grease baking sheet. In a large bowl, stir 2 cups flour with cheese, baking powder, basil and salt until combined. Using your fingers, rub in butter, until it resembles coarse crumbs. In measuring cup, whisk milk with eggs. Add to flour mixture together with sun-dried tomatoes; stir to combine. If sun-dried tomatoes are still moist, you may need to gently add remaining 1/4 cup flour to form a soft dough.
- With floured hands, knead dough about 10 times on lightly floured counter. On a baking sheet, form into a 9 inch circle. Using a serrated knife, cut into 8 wedges. Don't separate wedges. Bake in center of preheated oven until golden brown on top and baked through, about 17 to 20 minutes. Serve warm or cool on a rack.