Lobster Tail with Savory Potato Flapjack Caramelized Shallot Cream CheeseFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 1 Tablespoon garlic (mince) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoon canola oil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cup 1% milk shopping list
- 8 ounces red potato (grate) shopping list
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1¼ tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 pinch salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 9 shallots, julienned shopping list
- As needed water shopping list
- 6 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped fine shopping list
- To taste salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 4 each 4½ ounce lobster tails shopping list
- 1 lemon (8 wedges) shopping list
- ½ ounce baby greens shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lobster roe (dried) shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Flapjacks: In a sauté pan over low heat, simmer the garlic in butter and oil until golden brown. Once brown let cool. Add egg, milk, and potato, mix well. Add flour, baking powder, salt and pepper, mix well. Divide batter in to 4 equal portions. Over medium heat in a lightly oiled skillet, place a portion of batter. Cook until bubbles form on top. Flip and cook until firm. Repeat until all portions are cooked.
- Make the Caramelized Shallot Cream Cheese: Place shallots in a heavy bottom sauté pan. Place pan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally and deglaze with water as needed. Cook until dark brown. Remove from heat. Mix with cream cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Steam or boil the lobster tails until cooked through. Remove shells but leave the tail fins intact. Clean and rinse out the sand track. Present each entree with one lobster tail, one flapjack, two lemon wedges, a small bunch of baby greens, a quarter of the caramelized shallot cream cheese, and a sprinkling of lobster roe.