PASTA WITH SPICY SAUSAGE BASIL AND MUSTARDFrom jocky 6 years ago
- 500g of dried pasta (any tube. I find orecchiette to be best) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 8 Italian sausages, meat removed from casings and crumbled shopping list
- 2 glasses of dry white wine shopping list
- 400ml double cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- couple of pinches of crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 handfuls pf chopped basil shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large pan of water onto boil for the pasta. Split the sausages open and take out the filling. Warm a little olive oil in the frying pan, just enough to lubricate the bottom (weigh-hey!). Discard the sausage skin, crumble the meat into a hot pan and fry until sizzling and cooked through, about 5 mins. Salt the water generously and add the pasta.
- Pour the wine into the sausage pan and let it bubble a bit, scraping at the sausage goo on the bottom of the pan. Stir in the chilli flakes and the chopped basil. Add a little salt and the mustard, pour in the cream and bring slowly to a simmer. Cook for a minute or too, stirring now and again.
- When the pasta is tender, about 9-10 mins after coming to boil, drain and tip into creamy sausage sause. Serve piping hot with basil leaves ontop. Serve with nice italian bread if you wish and chardonnay.
The Cookjocky London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!