Spinach-broccoli MuffinsFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- 4 T olive oil shopping list
- 4 scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cup (1 small head) finely chopped cooked broccoli shopping list
- 3/4 cup cooked spinach, chopped and squeezed dry shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1%) milk shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 T sugar shopping list
- 1 T baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. dried dill or caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Line 15 muffin tins with paper liners or spray well with nonstick spray.
- Heat 1 T of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the scallions and garlic; cook, stirring, until softened, 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the broccoli and spinach and let cool.
- Beat the milk nad eggs with the remaining 3 T oil in a large bowl. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and dill or caraway seeds; stir until just blended. Stir in the spinach-broccoli mixture and the cheese.
- Spoon into the muffin cups, filling them two-thirds full. Bake until lightly browned, 30-35 minutes. Cool on a rack and serve warm.
- Per serving (1 muffin): 165 cal., 8g fat, 3g Sat Fat, 41mg Chol, 193mg Sod, 16g Carb, 1g Fib, 7g Prot, 156 mg Calc.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!