Black-Eyed Pea SoupFrom possumqueen 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup white onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery stalks, chopped shopping list
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1# andouille sausage shopping list
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 - 15 oz cans black-eyed peas shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- garlic salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the celery and onions into small cubes.
- Crush the garlic.
- Next, drain cans of black-eyed peas.
- Using a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot throw in cubed vegetables along with the crushed garlic.
- While this cooks for a minute or two, dice the uncooked sausage and add to the pot.
- Continue with the soup mixture by adding the butter, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Let all ingredients cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the beans to ingredients cook for a couple of minutes,
- Add chicken stock and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, add cream and stir
The Cookpossumqueen Small Town, Of A
The Rating1 people
Oh Wow, this sounds REALLY good, love soup must make this one next week when we have another cold front here from the good folks up north. Thanks for sharing, great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!