polish style stuffed cabbageFrom siglersue 9 years ago
- 2 lbs of ground beef shopping list
- 2 cabbages shopping list
- 2 Cups of white rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups of Sherry shopping list
- 2 16 oz Cans of plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1 16 oz can of tomato paste shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 Stick of butter shopping list
- 2 onions shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 Can of sauerkraut shopping list
- 1 red pepper shopping list
- 1 green pepper shopping list
- 5 carrots shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon Blk pepper shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of oil shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 chicken bouillon cube shopping list
How to make it
- Start by Boiling 2 Quarts of water
- Add 2 Tablespoons of oil and a pinch of salt
- When Water is at full boil, add rice and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes, Stir continuously. Drain. Run cold water on rice. keep on side.
- Meanwhile boil 2 Cabbages in large Pot so water almost covers the top of the cabbage for 20 minutes. Drain keep on side.
- Dice up Carrots, Red & Green Peppers, and place in 2 quart pot with a 1/4 stick of butter
- sauté With can of sauerkraut till medium brown.
- In separate sauté pan add 1/4 stick butter with 2 diced Onions & 5 diced Cloves of garlic.
- when butter seems like it's running out add 1/2 cup water and chicken bouillon cube and l cup sherry. Cook for 5 minute's and add Brown sugar, Paprika, blk pepper & salt. Cook additional 5 minutes and take off heat.
- In large bowl combine rice, raw meat, eggs and mix well.( Traditionally l use my hands with gloves of course.) In a kneading fashion.
- Then combine carrots, Peppers, garlic and onion sauce mixture with 8 oz of tomato paste and 1 16 oz can of plum tomato's(Lightly Mashed). Mix Well. Refrigerate while sauce cooks.
- In separate pot combine 1/2 cup sherry, 1 can of plum tomatoes(mashed up) with remaining 8 oz of tomato paste and 1 1/2 cups water. Cook for 10 minutes and stir well.
- Take 2 deep dish baking pans and place sauce to cover bottom of pans.
- Preheat oven @ 350 degrees
- Now Take a leaf of the cabbage and place 2 Tablespoons of filling and fold in sides and roll, then place in pan with folded ends down.
- Once pan is filled cover with sauce and bake in oven for 60 minutes.
- Place stuffed cabbage on dish and spoon sauce from pan over them to serve.
The Cooksiglersue Clifton, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!