Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy CookiesFrom kaeosmom 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups Coach's oats shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups hard red wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or Smart Balance butter spread, softened shopping list
- 1 cup organic cane sugar shopping list
- 1 TB vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1 cup Smart Balance peanut butter or any other unsweetened, nonhydrogenated peanut butter shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup of oats until they are finely ground. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup of un-ground oats and the rest of the dry ingredients and mix.
- Beat butter or butter spread and sugar until fluffy on medium. Add vanilla, applesauce and peanut butter and beat a bit more. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously on low-medium. Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time or so. Fold cranberries into dough. Place back into mixing bowl, cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Take 2 large spoons and shape a nice scoop of chilled oatmeal between the spoons. Place the dough on a lined cookie sheet. Press the dough mound with the back of spoon so it's flattened and still about a 1/3 inch thick or so. Make sure the cookies are about 1 1/2" apart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the center of the cookie doesn't look real wet anymore.
The Cookkaeosmom Wailua, HI
- Not added to any groups yet!