Feta Cheese Tomato amp Onion TorteFrom possumqueen 7 years ago
- 1 pasty crust (9 inch not in shell - Pillsbury ready made pie crust works very well) shopping list
- 1 lb Italian plum tomatoes - thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 lb swiss cheese - shredded shopping list
- 1/8 cup spicy mustard shopping list
- 1 medium onion - sliced shopping list
- 6 - 8 oz feta cheese (I use herbed feta) shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In food processor, chop parsley and garlic until minced.
- Add remaining marinade ingredients and pulse to make marinade. Place sliced tomatoes and onions in plastic container with lid. Refrigerate for at least six hours.
- Be sure to turn container a few times.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pastry in 9 inch spring form pan (torte or cheesecake pan). Use pie weights or poke pastry with fork so it does not bubble.
- Bake pasty for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Do not let pastry brown.
- Remove pastry from oven.
- Let cool.
- Spread spicy mustard evenly on pastry.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over mustard.
- Arrange marinated onions over cheese.
- Arrange marinated tomatoes over onions.
- Sprinkle Feta cheese over tomatoes.
- Bake for 25 - 35 minutes.
- Remove and place on wire rack.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Use pizza cutter to slice.
The Cookpossumqueen Small Town, Of A
- Not added to any groups yet!