Skate Wing With CapersFrom pink 7 years ago
How to make it
- Peel the shallot and cut it longwise in 2 halves.
- Put the skate wings in a large sauce pan and cover them with cold water ; add the bouquet garni, the shallot, salt, 1 spoonful of the capers in vinegar, and 1 spoonful of olive oil into the water.
- Bring the water to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes ; the water must never boil (it would damage the fish).
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce : put the 3 spoons of olive oil into the pan, add the butter and melt it on a gentle flame ; it will froth for one or two minutes, then add the capers and 3 Tablespoons of their vinegar in the pan ; add salt & generous pepper, mix, turn the flame off and cover while you prepare the skate.
- When the skate is ready, carefully drain each piece in a skimmer and put it in a large plate ; if the skate has a thick top skin, take it off with a knife (it is very easy, just slightly scratch from top to bottom with the blade).
- Pour the capers' sauce on the wings and serve immediately.
- *OPTION*: If you cannot get Skate, a nice white fish will do instead like Haddock, Cod. or Tilapia.
The Cookpink USA
The Rating4 people
Pink, what a recipe!:)Of course you would add the *Screamers*...they are the best!noir in Boston loved it
I love skate... but they don't sell it here.. but we do catch one every once in awhile.. Going to try with flounder... Yummmmmy! I also love fish!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Was so wonderful with flounder... I have a new love!linebb956 in La Feria loved it