Penuche FudgeFrom peetabear 8 years ago
How to make it
- Butter side of a heavy medium sized saucepan
- combine half-and-half, butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and white sugar in the saucepan.
- cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- add candy thermometer to side of saucepan and continue to cook until mixture reaches soft-ball stage ( 238' F )
- pour into a large heat-proof mixer bowl
- cool to lukewarm about 110' F
- add vanilla and beat with a heavy-duty electric mixer until thick.
- beat in the walnuts when candy loses its gloss.
- spread into a well buttered 8-inch square pan.
- score fudge into squares with a knife
- refrigerate until firm. cut into squares..
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
I will try this soon. It sounds like it will work I have made the original and this sounds better.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Love brown sugar fudge, this sounds great!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
How did I miss this one!!! I haven't made it in years! Love it too! Great post, go ahead and make it, you'll love it!!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Anything Goes289 members
Christmas Candy166 members
Countdown To Christmas79 members
Companys Coming115 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
A Candy Jar95 members
Absolute FUDGE45 members