The best Chocolate lovers cakeFrom vannalee 6 years ago
- 3/4c (1 1/2 stcks) unsalted butter (or I CANT BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER spread) shopping list
- 6oz bittersweet chocolate. (6 bakers chocolate squares) shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 3/4c sugar shopping list
- 1/3c all purpose flour shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 5 tbsp butter (or spread again) shopping list
- 10oz (10 squares) bittersweet OR semi-sweet OR dark chocolate cut coarsley into chunks. shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F. Grease 9-inch round cake pan, then line with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepanover low heat on stove. Stirring ocassionally untill smooth. The set it aside. (You can melt it together in the microwave just be careful and stir often)
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the 4 egg whites with a pinch of salt untill stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, beat the yolks and sugar untill light an ribbony(long strands when beaters are lifted).About 2 minutes.
- Continue to beat, while slowly adding the melted chocolate mixture untill juts blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Do not insert a toothpick into the center because it will not come out clean even when done.
- remove the pan to a wire rack and run a knife around the sides of the cake to loosen.
- Cool for 15 minutes then remove the cake from the pan to cool completely. Be careful since it's very moist and delicate.
- FOR THE GLAZE: Melt the butter (or spread) and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Spread warm glaze over cake and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.