Vegetable Shepherds PieFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cups sliced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- -------For the topping-------- shopping list
- 1 lb. russet potatoes, sliced into 1-inch rounds shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon margarine shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat oil over high heat. Add non; saute for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, carrots, and bell pepper; saute for 5 minutes. Sir in tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring frequently, until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare topping. In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium ad cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander.
- Preheat oven to 375.F
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and margarine until smooth.
- Place vegetable mixture in a 2-quart casserole. Spread topping over vegetable mixture; smooth top.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.