Fragrant White Urad Dal - Dry Pilaf TextureFrom imran 9 years ago
- 1/2 KG of Urad Dal skinless washed and rinsed and soaked for 15 minutes. Drain shopping list
- 3 cups hot water shopping list
- 2 tbs. kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder shopping list
- For basic Chaunk/ tempering or spice Garnish: shopping list
- 2-3 tbs. ghee shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds shopping list
- A large pinch of asafoetida or hing powder shopping list
- 2-3 whole red chillies shopping list
How to make it
- Boil dal with turmeric powder, fenugreek leaves and salt till tender and soft
- 2.transfer to a serving bowl.
- For basic Chaunk/ tempering or Spice Garnish:
- Heat ghee in a small pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida powder and let the seeds start to sizzle. Add whole chillies and pour immediately over the cooked dal. Cover with a lid immediately, to allow the flavours to infuse into the dal.
The Cookimran Mumbai, IN
The Rating2 people
This looks really nice, it is raining and cold here, this sounds like a good dish to warm us up!
Thank you very much
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
Hi Imran, thanks for sharing. Great post, as I could never make urad daal fry as my mom used to make I setled for this easier version. However, I would like to share my variation too if you do not mind? Amna.atariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!